The Michael O’Neal Singers offers an ONLINE program entitled Choral Boot Camp, an online choral and community experience designed to help get singers’ voices in shape for the return to in-person choral singing. Consisting of six recorded YouTube rehearsal sessions which premiered Jun 21 – July 26, 2021, this program provides participants the opportunity to rehearse the music and then sing well-known choral selections with pre-recorded performances by The Michael O’Neal Singers, while learning and practicing techniques to improve breath control, expand range, develop resonance, and relax the voice (among others). There is no charge for participation, although donations will be gratefully accepted to help cover expenses. All registered singers will receive links to marked scores, audio part-learning aids, and rehearsal suggestions.
- Singing with Freedom
- Breathing and Breath Support
- Vocal Placement and Resonance
- Vowel and Consonant Unification for Choral Singers
- Maximizing Vocal Range for Singers
Prior experience with choral music is helpful, but not required.
Ability to watch videos via YouTube, download and view music scores, listen to audio files, and participate in Zoom sessions.
To participate in the optional Virtual Audio Choir: ability to record your voice and submit recorded audio via text, email attachment, or Dropbox/Google Drive/OneDrive link.
Registration is free, and is ongoing throughout the ONLINE program.
All are welcome!
(Donations to help cover our costs, such as music licensing and technical support, to provide this program are very much appreciated!)
The repertoire includes:
- Wayfarin’ Stranger – Traditional/arr. Gilbert Martin
- Skip to My Lou – Traditional/arr. Edwin Fissinger
- Saints Bound for Heaven – Southern Harmony/arr. Mack Wilberg
- Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing – Repository of Sacred Music/arr. Mack Wilberg
- Ain’-a That Good News! – William L. Dawson
- My Soul’s Been Anchored in the Lord – Spiritual/arr. Moses Hogan